Monday, March 1, 2010

Well I guess I am really in there I feel so good being able to keep up with my classmates I am going to be come a follower to everyone, and I hope that all will follow me so we can really get to know each other. This is my third term at kaplan, I really wanted for what seems like all of my life to go to school and get a degree, but I could always find a reason to postpone it. Well I was finally widowed, children were grown and I also found myself retired. I said to myself, self it is time for you to do it so I went on line and I filled out surveys and questionairs which asked if I was interested in going to school on line, I said yes and the rest as they say (who is they) is history, now every time I see the commercial for Kaplan, I'm jumping up and down and raising my fist and shouting I am a Kaplan. I very proud and happy to be finally achieving something I have dreamed of for so long. When I march down that aisle or across that stage it will be quite an accomplishment for me, my next dream is to inspire someone else to do the same, preferably someone in my family, but really anyone else, this thirst for knowledge is never quenched within me and I want everyone to know the rush of learning something that they did not already know that will help them to further themselves through life, who ever reads this just know that the addiction from learning is a rush I never want to be without.

3 comments:

  1. Well Henrietta, if I wasn't already attending Kaplan myself, your post would definetely encourage me to go. I can just see you strutting down the aisle to get your diploma already, lol. I can tell you are very happy about being in school and learning new things. And I am happy for you! See you in class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henrietta,

    I hope you do not mind. I read your post to a friend, and she said to be sure and tell you she is inspired by your words. She worries about taking classes online because her typing is the "hunt & peck" speed. She needs encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Diva you are!:) I think that it is wonderful that you decided to go to school. I too am older and attending school. I also think it is wonderful that you are taking on raising another child. I know that I could not do it. I have 2 sons. I was married for 25 years, divorced now for 7 1/2 years. Being a single mom, I have had my fill of children. My younger son still lives with me in Tennessee. He is 19 and my older son lives in Illinois, he is 32. My younger son has been a handful. That's why I don't think I could do it again. I am going to be a little selfish and take care of me now. Any way........hurrahhhh for you for all that you do. Be proud.

    ReplyDelete